There are three activities that need to be completed to get your first server and site up and running. For this document we’ll assume that you’re using DigitalOcean as your server provider. If you’re using a different provider just replace “DigitalOcean” with them in these quick-start instructions.
Get and install your Digital Ocean API key
- Make sure you have at least one SSH key pair installed at DigitalOcean
- Need an SSH key pair? Learn how to create one here.
- Create an API key at Digital Ocean
- Go to the settings screen under the Server & Sites menu option on your FireupWP Dashboard
- Click on the CLOUD PROVIDERS tab and fill out the API Key and save.
- Select your SSH key in the dropdown under the SSH Keys section.
- Add the private key portion to the PRIVATE SSH KEY box.
- Add your private key password if any.
- Save the settings
To create your first server
- Go to the SERVERS & SITES->ALL CLOUD SERVERS menu option on your FireupWP Dashboard
- Click the PROVISION A NEW WORDPRESS SERVER at the top of the screen.
To create your first site
- Go to the SERVERS & SITES->APPLICATIONS menu option on your FireupWP Dashboard
- Click the INSTALL WORDPRESS button in the Server Actions column.
Check out our Beginner’s Guide To Creating and Running WordPress Servers – scroll down to the GETTING STARTED section.